Copyright

All blog posts, unless otherwise noted, are copyrighted to the Author (that's me) and may not be used without written permission.

August 29, 2007

What He Said

I have been thinking about and trying to formulate a post concerning the recent spate of movies and which were good and why. The directions I have so far come up with allowed me to stray too far off topic and each draft I wrote was discarded.

Today I saw a hyperlink to an article and followed it. The article addressed one half of what I wanted to say very clearly and concisely, so I thought I would just share the hyperlink rather than continue to try and write it myself.

Link

While I agree with what he says, I will add that Bourne Ultimatum is one of the two best films I have seen this year (the other being The Lookout). At the next tier of high-quality movies are the other two he mentions plus 300. Each of these films delivers what the audience expects, is well presented (direction, story line, editing), and has solid or better acting.

Aside: I also think that HP: OotP is the best one of the series so far. Die Hard had two very implausible, totally outrageous scenes that took me out of the movie entirely, but otherwise it was good.

In the next tier are such films as Transformers, Fantastic Four: Rise of the Silver Surfer, Spider-Man 3 , and Hot Fuzz, which were all entertaining and fun, but had issues (could be acting, directing, story, or something else). For example, I was entertained by Transformers, but the action sequences were frenetic enough that I often couldn't tell which robots were involved and I am still confused at the conclusion; why did the box thing have that effect on Megatron? But, I was thoroughly entertained and had fun watching the film.

No comments:

Post a Comment