Copyright

All blog posts, unless otherwise noted, are copyrighted to the Author (that's me) and may not be used without written permission.

August 16, 2007

Ties that Bind

I cannot wait to put that wedding ring on my finger. I know a lot of men supposedly have issues with commitment and fidelity, but I am anxious to be fully, completely, irrevocably married and have that "badge of honor" on my finger.

My mother recently reminded me of a conversation we had when I was pretty young. She asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up and, apparently, I answered "Married with children." Now, as I've aged, the children part of that answer has become less and less important to me (not a big fan of kids, really, but I'm told it is different when the child is yours). The married part has not-- I want to be married. To "settle down."

None of the women I have dated in my past were people to whom I should or could have married. Only with one of those did the thought even cross my mind, and it was good that I thought again.

Now, however, I have found the exact right woman for me. A challenging and interesting woman who seems able to withstand my strong and quirky personality and who makes me a better person. She's damn hot, too! ;-)

I'll grant you that, technically and legally, we are already married. However, we agreed that the civil ceremony was simply to assist the immigration process (which, unfortunately, has stretched out long enough that it hasn't mattered in the end) and that we wouldn't get or wear rings after that service. Plus, my sweet really doesn't consider us "Married" (with a capital 'M') until we are married in a church with God as our witness. So, that adds to my anxious wait to get that ring.

Only 23 days to go before I can put on my badge of honor and proudly wear that ring and show the world I am married.

3 comments:

  1. I am lucky to have someone who is so excited to put on the "ball and chain." :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have been married since the day you asked her to be your wife and she said "yes."

    She is the right woman to share your life, and I am happy that you two found each other!

    Live long and prosper: don't worry about the kids thing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, as far as the kid thing, definitely do NOT worry about it. If it's meant to be it'll happen or not.

    And for the record, it's a LOT different when it's your own. :)

    ReplyDelete