Copyright

All blog posts, unless otherwise noted, are copyrighted to the Author (that's me) and may not be used without written permission.

July 24, 2007

Odds and Ends

  • Loving my time here, as I always do. We have dinner tonight with her father's side of the family and I'm going out with two friends to see Transformers finally afterward.
  • I bet that it would be 45 days before Lindsay Lohan was caught doing anything. I was off by about 40 days.
  • Volver is an odd movie. Not bad, but I guess I don't like how the Spanish tell their stories. I felt it could have been made clearer and more involving.
  • Started reading Harry Potter. Good, so far.
  • Why can't we get Holmes on Homes on the West Coast? Great show!
  • Speaking of HP, the fifth movie is quite good. I enjoyed it nearly as much as Azkaban, my other favorite in the series so far. Still don't understand why they released it in the summer, where it won't do nearly the business it could (history has proven this already with Azkaban).
  • We got the tuxes fitted and ordered. Some paperwork filled out with Father John and sent off. And some purchases and ideas done for the wedding.
  • Hunters level fast in WoW. I really recommend a Boar as their pet-- eats nearly anything, tough as nails, and the Charge ability is nice.
  • Brothers Grimm was a decent story that got lost in the CGI. Directors need to learn that just because you can do something onscreen with CGI doesn't mean you should do it with CGI. If that movie had a much smaller budget and they had to tell the same story smaller and more intimately, it would have worked much better.
  • Sure is wet here. I realize that is a "no duh" type of statement, but it is hard to understand when you are from SoCal until it is overcast and raining every day. Still will take a while before I dislike it. Sump pump is going off pretty often though.

No comments:

Post a Comment