Copyright

All blog posts, unless otherwise noted, are copyrighted to the Author (that's me) and may not be used without written permission.

July 11, 2007

Dangerous Driving Habits

I have a lunch buddy at work, Dorothy. She's a really nice woman with whom I get along fairly well and who has a wicked sense of humor. She also likes fast cars and is overly opinionated. Makes for interesting conversations.

Yesterday, while driving to IHOP for lunch (one of our favorite destinations), we spotted a fast car on the road. She got so excited that she actually pressed down on my right knee to force me to speed up! I was, as you can imagine, a little surprised by this. She didn't recognize what it was and wanted to get closer so she could see it and figure it out.

Well, we did catch up to it at a stop light and saw it was a Diablo (Lamborghini model). She oohed and aahed over it until the lights turned green and away we went.

I then teased her the rest of the lunch about her pressing my leg down to speed me up. "The audacity!" I said. "How reckless!" I extolled. We had a good laugh about it.

Today, while leaving Gina's, there was a Lotus parked two spots down from my truck. I muttered, loud enough for her to hear and get a laugh from it, "Good thing we're not driving, or you might hurt me." We both laughed and headed back to work.

No comments:

Post a Comment