Copyright

All blog posts, unless otherwise noted, are copyrighted to the Author (that's me) and may not be used without written permission.

March 13, 2007

Good News

I had my second shot today. The doctor kept me in the office for an hour and a half afterward, checking on me frequently, to ensure that I did not have an adverse reaction to it. I think he and his nurse were a little disappointed when I did not—maybe RA is one of those less interesting diseases to specialize in and they were hoping for something to enliven their day.

All I got this time was some minor tingling in my feet and a little dehydration. I was not hallucinating, feeling heavy, feverish, suffering from a rapid heart beat or high blood pressure, or any of the other symptoms I had after the first injection. So, slightly dejected about not having an emergency to deal with but also happy that I can continue taking this medication, the doctor let me go to work. I am cleared to continue taking it.

My next two injections are scheduled for while I am back east. Since I have the luxury of having someone with me, I will alter my schedule slightly and take it in the evening so I can relax afterward and she can be there to watch me. I don’t think it will be needed, but it is nice to have that precaution available. And what a sweet precaution she is!

No comments:

Post a Comment