Copyright

All blog posts, unless otherwise noted, are copyrighted to the Author (that's me) and may not be used without written permission.

March 21, 2007

Google

Normally I am a fan of Google in general and their Gmail and Blogger businesses specifically. However, I have had some issues with Blogger lately and currently I can access but cannot see or seem to receive any legitimate email to the account.

It is frustrating when something like this happens and you cannot see or get to emails you know you have. I know, for example, that M has sent me three emails-- one early yesterday, shortly after she went to work. Yet here it is about 24 hours later and I have not received that email, or any of the others. Yet she received the email I sent from the same account (and replied to it, but I have yet to see her reply).

I do not know if anyone else has sent me an email to that account since about mid-day on Monday, but if you did, there is a good reason I haven't responded.

Blogger has also been giving me some difficulty; not posting things when I hit Publish (or send an email to the appropriate address), the edit feature not working properly, and having things reformat in wild ways.

I am starting to wonder if Google is expanding too quickly and not properly controlling and protecting their existing customer base and technology as they go.

2 comments:

  1. Add to the list that I have finally determined that going into my internet explorer via gmail is what has changed my boot-up time to a full 5 minutes. If I go through any other porthole to the internet, it comes up much quicker.

    After the several weeks of problems with the blogger and reading the lengthy posts on the help site (to no avail), I agree that the company expanded too quickly without having adequate foundations in place to handle it.

    What saddens me is that my other blog was totally lost!

    ReplyDelete
  2. those quirks and others are why i migrated to wordpress. and now that i found a template that works properly (though i still have to change out the tulip picture at the header for one of my own), i am very pleased with it.

    ReplyDelete