Copyright

All blog posts, unless otherwise noted, are copyrighted to the Author (that's me) and may not be used without written permission.

March 29, 2007

Sick

First it hit M-- sore throat, general malaise, stuffy head, temperature swings. She got it Tuesday evening and then felt bad enough to stay home yesterday from work (a rare thing). Then it hit me yesterday as the day wore on. I logged off from work about an hour early and relaxed the rest of the evening. Her sore throat seemed worse and she didn't complain of a headache while I was coughing more and definitely had a headache; outside of those differences, we had fairly similar symptoms.

She's feeling better enough she's trying work today. She has a lunchtime meeting with the owner today and her coworker has been out for about a week visiting various stores, so she has some motivation to go in and be present at work.

I'm feeling worse as I write this-- the type of "feeling worse" that involves making the mad dash to the restroom shortly after she left for work . Ugh. I'm supposed to get on a plane early Saturday morning; I hope this clears up quickly or that may be a miserable flight home.

I took an Advil Cold & Sinus pill this morning, so the headache isn't as bad as it could be and the sinuses aren't awful, but my stomach is a bit queasy and I feel like napping. I may not stay logged on at work for very long if this continues.

The problem is that I am not supposed to take my new medication if I feel sick. So, I haven't taken it yesterday (they day I normally take it) and I have no thoughts of taking it today. Of course, being new, I don't know what this will do overall to my body or my weekly plan for this medication. What a pain.

1 comment:

  1. It may well be that whatever is raging through SoCal is also making its way east. There are few people at my work site who have escaped unscathed, with some (such as I) having the extreme cold symptoms, including the devastating fever, while others (such as a friend) enjoy the added benefit of flu symptoms, including those you mention that involve being close to a toilet.

    I often wonder, when so many people seem to become sick within days of one another, if it isn't some type of "baterial" attack that is brought into a region and then spreads quickly.

    Of course, we have the added problem of temps that went from the 70s to the low 100s, and then into the 50s, with hail, rain, and more snow on the mountains, within 2 weeks. The body cannot adjust and adapt as quickly as the weather has been changing.

    Stay tucked in, sleep, drink plenty of fluids, and have a safe flight home.

    ReplyDelete