Copyright

All blog posts, unless otherwise noted, are copyrighted to the Author (that's me) and may not be used without written permission.

January 12, 2007

Prognostication

I'm going to put my money where my mouth is, so to speak, and actually put in writing how I think the playoffs will go in this round. What the hell, right?
  • Colts vs Ravens - I think the Colts will win. I think their defense will come out with the same statement as in the previous game. Manning will have a much better day (as will his WRs) and the Colts D is enough to keep Lewis in check and contain McNair. Early in the season the Colts proved they could win tight games and they now have Vinatieri as their Kicker. While the Ravens have a stout D, their offense is not that strong and got really lucky in at least 4 games this season. Colts, 24-21.
  • Eagles vs Saints - I like the Saints, playing with fire and emotion at home. However, I think the bye week may hurt the NO offense and they may come out flat. The Eagles will give them some trouble, especially Westbrook and early in the game. This could be a decently high-scoring game. Saints, 31-24.
  • Seahawks vs Bears - I am rooting for the 'Hawks, but think the Bears will get the win. The 'Hawks just aren't the same team as last season and neither Hasselbeck nor Alexander are running on all cylinders. Even with the injuries, the Bears D can keep the 'Hawks O in check in what I think will be a lower scoring game. Bears, 21-17.
  • Patriots vs Chargers - I have to admit that I don't care who wins this game, really. Both teams are good, solid on both sides of the ball, and are well-coached. I'll be rooting for SD and think they will pull it out on Defense. I just don't see the Pats D able to control all of the Bolts weapons. However, it is hard to bet against Brady and Belichick in the playoffs; the coach is a strategy genius and Brady is the perfect QB to enact his plan. I believe the winner of this game will be the AFC representative to the Super Bowl. However, I think it is the time and this is the team that helps get Schottenheimer off the playoff schneid. I also think this is the game where the Pats miss Vinatieri's clutch kicking. Guessing a score for this one is tough, as it could be a low or a high scoring affair. Chargers 31-28.

We'll see how I do. If Pickem this year is any indication, I will only get one right. Anyone else willing to put their thoughts on paper, feel free to post a response with your picks for these games.

2 comments:

  1. You know there hasn't been time for me to watch football this year, so I'm going with my gut: Colts, Eagles, Seahawks, and Patriots.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I picked Baltimore, New Orleans, Chicago, and New England.

    ReplyDelete