Copyright

All blog posts, unless otherwise noted, are copyrighted to the Author (that's me) and may not be used without written permission.

January 17, 2007

Championship Caliber

Not bad, I went 3-4 and the one game I missed was the one that I thought could go either way and I said I wouldn't be unhappy if the (eventual winner) Patriots managed to take it.

This week's Championship games are:

Saints vs Bears: The Bears have a great defense, made only slightly more vulnerable by the loss of some key players. Their offense, however, is another thing-- Grossman is inconsistent and can be pressured into serious mistakes. The Saints had the top passing offense this season and have a good tandem at RB. In addition, their defense is not too shabby as it uses the "bend but don't break" philosophy. Plus, they are playing with passion, having the entire state of Louisiana behind them. I just don't think the Bears D can slow the Saints down enough and I'm sure that the Bears O can't keep up for all 4 quarters. Saints: 28-17

Patriots vs Colts: I said it for last week's games: the winner of the Pats/Chargers game will represent the AFC in the Super Bowl. And I stand by that. However, the Colts are sneaky good this post season and will have some tricks up their sleeves. I expect this to be a hell of a game and very back and forth. I will reiterate one other thing from last week: it's hard to bet against Belichick and Brady in the post season. I know this sounds like hedging my bet, but I will not be disappointed if Manning can get the monkey off his back and make it to the big game; and he has Vinatieri this year. However, I just don't think he can do it against the Pats. Patriots: 31-28

One further comment: Saints vs either AFC team in the Super Bowl-- could be one of the most exciting SBs in recent memory, eh?

No comments:

Post a Comment