Copyright

All blog posts, unless otherwise noted, are copyrighted to the Author (that's me) and may not be used without written permission.

January 26, 2007

Thoughts for the Day

  • I have way too many mnemonics, acronyms, and abbreviations than I could ever possibly remember. No wonder I can't remember my own phone number half the time.
  • How did I become the guy in which so many people confide?
  • I hope they do a good job on The Dark Is Rising, book two of the Dark is Rising series. Not sure why they skipped book one, which is my favorite and about which I have often commented should be made into a movie. I guess because Will Stanton is not in book one and is in the other four. But Over Sea, Under Stone is the best novel.
  • Tell me whether you want me to solve your problem or just want me to listen. It'll save time later if I know going in what is expected of me.
  • I hate solving other people's PC issues. I also find it somewhat funny how often I get asked to.
  • -31 C/-22 F is really, really, really cold.
  • My cat is a goof. Today, for no reason at all, she just howled. I thought maybe she was dying or something, but she was just lying down and wanted some scratching.
  • "Individually, look around and see what you need to do as an individual," (Bernie) Bickerstaff said. (NBA coach)
  • I think President Bush suddenly realized what his legacy will be; you notice how old and discomfitted he looks lately?
  • Bill O'Reilly vs Stephen Colbert-- Colbert (the parody) got the best of O'Reilly (the actuality), hands down.
  • Happy Birthday, Levi Strauss (1826-1902). Without you, I'd have many more naked days.
  • I wonder if a theater would be successful if, for around $12 per ticket, the theater showed a double feature. Go back to the glory days movie-going and even have a cartoon. But, if you don't stay for both features, you do not get a discount or money back.
  • Addendum: Mindy has a theater that shows movie and serves drinks and food. I wonder if you could design a theater to make the best of both worlds and have it be successful? Seems like a good idea, but the tables and chairs at her theater were not comfortable.
  • I wonder where this Bush will rank in the overall list of best and worst Presidents? His dad is firmly around the Fillmores and the Coolidges-- will he be higher or lower?
  • I sometimes wish I still had my original, metal, Red/Green/Black Voltron Lions. They were awesome. I also sometimes wish I had some of my good, metal Transformers (Megatron who formed a pistol, Starscream, the white Porsche Autobot (can't remember name)).
  • Are things more clear to me because they aren't happening to me?
  • What the hell keeps biting me?

No comments:

Post a Comment