Copyright

All blog posts, unless otherwise noted, are copyrighted to the Author (that's me) and may not be used without written permission.

October 4, 2005

Working Vacation

Okay, it is booked. I'm leaving from LAX on Thursday at around 10:30pm, arriving in Toronto at around 6am on Friday morning (terminal change), then hopping one more flight at 8:40am from Toronto to Saint John, arriving at 11:30am. That is a lot of flying! The trip back will be better. I have to leave at 6:40am on Sunday, November 6, with a hop to Montreal, no terminal changes, and then to LAX.

Hopefully I can find a friend or two to drop me off and/or pick me up from LAX. But, if not, the Super Shuttle is $45 one way and I'll book passage with them to get me to and from LAX, which is 50 miles from here (80 kilometers).

I tried to get a flight from John Wayne Airport, which is just down the street from me, but the options we saw a few days ago completely were booked up or canceled. Plus, each of those flights required three planes and at least two terminal changes, both ways.

As a reluctant flier at best, and a fearful one in reality, we felt that three flights and so many terminal changes was asking for trouble. It is worth the hassle of finding a friend or getting a shuttle to have the more direct flights and fewer terminal changes.

I'll still be a nervous wreck when I get there. And it is too bad I don't have the vacation days accrued to make it a true vacation, so I'll have to work 4 of the days I'm there. But that means more time at Christmas....

Look out, Canada, John is on his way!

(Now, if that birth certificate would just show up.... If it is not one thing, it is another!)

4 comments:

  1. I have to work those 4 days as well, so it's all good. It will be nice to come home to someone for a change ;)

    I just hope you'll be able to sleep on the red-eye. You are not allowed to sleep Friday night. Afternoon maybe, but not at night. Must get you adjusted to time zone!

    ReplyDelete
  2. glee! i'm excited that you're coming to visit.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you can finally make it up here :)

    I'll work on saving up our airmiles so we can come visit you and Liz after she moves! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous3:46 PM

    The way I heard it, I have to save my airmiles to visit John after he emigrates to the Great White North. :)

    BTW, the Ithaca airport was a largish hut with a roll-up garage door through which they passed luggage, and I got to and from school safely many times. And the Lancaster airport is basically a restaurant with a desk and a roll-up garage door through which they pass luggage, and it, too, is safe. So don't judge a city by its airport size. The fact they have one is good enough.

    ReplyDelete