Copyright

All blog posts, unless otherwise noted, are copyrighted to the Author (that's me) and may not be used without written permission.

October 27, 2005

Nervous Now

Okay, I admit it... I'm nervous now. Butterflies are a-flapping away in my gut and I'm totally distracted.

Not nervous about M; she's the best thing that has happened to me in a long, long time. That will be fine. Only slightly nervous about meeting friends. I've talked to many of them via IM and through emails and they all seem like great people. A bit more nervous about meeting family. Hey, it's family!

But I'm really, really nervous about the traveling.

I know in my head that everything will be okay. That hundreds of flights have no trouble whatsoever. That thousands of people fly every single day. But that doesn't stop my heart from skipping a beat every now and then.

As my mom always says, "This too shall pass." And it will, and then I'll be in Canada. With M.

Holding onto that thought.

4 comments:

  1. Anonymous5:29 PM

    Be nervous if you must; I'm sure this is only natural. Just don't let it spoil the fact that you're going to have the time of your life up there :).

    See you when (if) you get back!

    -Marcus

    ReplyDelete
  2. This time, it's going to pass all too quickly because it's a good time you're heading toward. I enjoy taking a sleeping pill and not dealing with the flights whenever possible. It isn't a natural state of man to be hanging in air 32000 feet above the Earth's surface. Just shut the eyes, play the music, and ignore the screaming babies in the back.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another fun bit of entertainment is to wander the aisles and randomly visit people with empty seats next to them. Strike up random conversations. This way... nobody else will begin a conversation with you 'cause they'll think you're some kind of kook, but you'll get to have some entertainment as well. Also, visit all washrooms onboard. If you want something, instead of pressing the little person button, wander around to find an attendant and have them follow you back to your seat so they'll know where you are. Hehehe! I'm a complete menace on a flight, but I LOVE flying and I make the best time of it. Nobody gets hurt. Sometimes other people get a chuckle. And the time passes darned fast.
    Travel safe! Hope I get to meet you on the next journey northward! (:

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is all so wrong, the greatest feeling in the world is being thousands of feet above the earth. My only complaint is that you should be outside the plane with nothing but your skydiving gear, feeling the wind in your face.

    I get to jump for the first time in several months tomorrow, I'm so excited that I can hardly sit still today. Weekend! Weekend! Weekend!

    ReplyDelete