Copyright

All blog posts, unless otherwise noted, are copyrighted to the Author (that's me) and may not be used without written permission.

October 31, 2005

Update 2

Today was Halloween, M's favorite (nonreligious) holiday. The house was decorated, the pumpkins were carved, and the candy was purchased and sorted.

It was a lazy day, spent around the house doing odd chores and just relaxing a bit. I made French Toast, eggs, and back bacon for breakfast. I then finished the cleaning up after the pumpkin carving event while M ran some errands around the town.

Also got to light the stove for the first time this season... anyone who knows me knows how much I enjoy making fire! Fire, heh he-heh heh. I think M may have become a little frightened at that moment. ;-)

Anyway, as it was a really nice day out, M got steaks for dinner and she made the salad while I grilled. She's got a nice grill, and it burns hotter than mine so I overcooked slightly, but it was still yummy.

Finally, we sat outside with the pumpkins lit and our fleece and jackets on, under blankets, and doled out candy. Had about 70 children show up total... not bad.

Now we're off to watch The Great Pumpkin.

Tomorrow starts the real test... I'm "working from home" from M's place and she's going back to work. Hopefully the internet connection will be fine and works' servers won't be too slow. Hopefully she won't be teased much about her time spent with American boyfriend.

Gotta say-- Canada's a nice place. I could like it here, a lot. Now, remind me I said this when/if I survive Christmas!

Oh, that reminds me-- a special shout out to Mare for the Alpine Beer Toque ("took"). I wore it tonight on the porch and it did wonders for my cold issues. Have hat, will travel. ;-)

6 comments:

  1. glad you're enjoying the canadian experience. remember, the key to cold weather is simple: layer. everything. and cover where you lose the most heat, i.e. your head and your neck. then it's all good.

    glad you're enjoying your alpine toque. they are snazzy, i'm kind of jealous of it. i have a collection of hats with flaps over the ears myself, some even have comical pom-poms.

    and christmas is gorgeous around these parts, especially if it snows. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous12:20 AM

    Greetings from just-a-tad-too-warm California. It's great to hear, err, read, that you guys are having such a great time!

    -Marcus

    By the way, I've worn "stocking caps"--as I've always heard them called--since I was just a little guy. I can't say that I own any at the moment, but my two year old son has a couple, for when it gets a little chilly.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm basking in the 80s and you're wearing a toque; will you please define your phrase "really nice day" in SJ?

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's about 60F out right now. For November 1st, it's a "heatwave".

    Yesterday was the warmest Halloween we've had in years.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ah, so the California touch still works: we bring sunshine wherever we go.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey John, good to see that you're enjoying yourself in SJ! Thanks for coming to the show too, and I'm glad you enjoyed it!

    ReplyDelete