Copyright

All blog posts, unless otherwise noted, are copyrighted to the Author (that's me) and may not be used without written permission.

June 23, 2008

Not Easy

I knew things wouldn't be easy when I moved here, but some things I certainly didn't expect to be the issues they have become. Take my truck, for example. I knew I had to pay to export it from USA and import it into Canada. I knew I had to get it inspected and approved for use in Canada. But I didn't expect it would be such a hassle.

The Registrar of Imported Vehicles (RIV) sent me an email that they couldn't determine if my vehicle had any recalls against it. Before they would release my inspection form, I have to go through Saturn to get a form that says either there are recalls and I've taken care of them or that there are no recalls. Once they receive that, they will release form and allow me to get it inspected.

Now, this letter/information is not something that you can just get from your local Saturn. You have to go through Saturn Corporation to get it. First I contacted a Saturn rep via the My Saturn website and spoke via their direct IM with an actual person. She told me they could no longer provide that information via that service, so she provided me with a phone number to call Vintage Vehicle Services.

I called the number and the nice woman there told me that she could not help me, but that Vintage Vehicle Services could help me, and provided a number. I called that number and the nice lady there also informed me that Vintage Vehicle Services could help me and she had not just one, but two numbers for me to call. One of those connected me to a nice lady who, in fact, works for Vintage Vehicle Services. I described my circumstances and she knew exactly what I needed. She also informed me that there would be a "small fee" for the service, as they no longer provide them for free. I gave her my wife's fax number at work and waited to hear from my wife.

M informed me she had received the form and that the charge was $260! Small fee my ass.

But, until I can get this cleared through RIV I cannot get my car inspected, and I only have 45 days in which to get that done, so I have to pay it. So, I have the form filled out. M will take it to work tomorrow and get that faxed off and yet another charge will be added to the overall cost of moving.

As my mother would say, "This too shall pass."

No comments:

Post a Comment