Copyright

All blog posts, unless otherwise noted, are copyrighted to the Author (that's me) and may not be used without written permission.

June 2, 2008

The First Hitch in the Plan

I ordered a hitch for my SUV through UHaul, which at the time had a great price. However, it turns out that it was back ordered and wouldn't ship, I find out today (6/2) until next week... which is fine except my plans are revolving around leaving around the 9th or 10th.

I went back to another site that had them and they are having a $10 off sale for today only, they have lowered the list price for the exact same hitch to under what UHaul was selling it for, and they claim they are in stock. So I pulled the trigger on that purchase, and got the entire thing, plus the ball assembly, for about $30-40 less than the same order from UHaul. If it ships today or tomorrow, I should have it by the end of this week.

So this means I may not get out quite on the original schedule. However, mom has cleared her calendar of the issues she had so we both have no plans for the foreseeable future. If we don't get out right away, who cares?

I have canceled all of my utilities for the 19th, which is the day the apartment complex expects me to be out by. So even if I have to stay longer, I am fine. I am continuing to cancel services and provide new addresses or updates today so I can rest assured that everything will start showing up in Canada or at the PO box in Maine and I can continue to receive what is mine.

After yesterday, I am also taking it a bit easy. I'm very sore in all the wrong places today, even after a hot bath last night. This old body just isn't as good at moving, lifting, and carrying heavy objects as it once was. I'm getting old!

1 comment:

  1. Glad to hear that you not only could order the hitch you need, but save a few bucks on it. Let's hope it arrives by the end of the week and takes one more item off the to-do list!

    ReplyDelete