Copyright

All blog posts, unless otherwise noted, are copyrighted to the Author (that's me) and may not be used without written permission.

June 3, 2008

The Eyes Have It

I just found my baby book. One thing I found very interesting is that, according to my mom's notes, I was born with bright blue eyes which then turned "pure brown!" (with an underline on brown).

This surprises me as my eyes are now very definitely hazel-- mostly greenish, with brown mostly around the very outside, and some gold flecking throughout. They can become more brown with certain emotions and more green with certain emotions, but there is not a trace of blue at all and the brown is definitely not something to be underlined and exclaimed over!

If the eyes truly are the window to our souls, what does it mean when the window changes so dramatically? What does it mean when the window continues to change?

3 comments:

  1. My sister has chocolate brown eyes; my brothers have blue eyes; and I have definitely hazel eyes, eyes which Jack shares with me! I am amazed at how much Jack has my eyes and even your sister has commented on it.

    Your eyes were "cow" eyes, great big brown eyes that have gradually shifted to hazel over the years. I loved the chocolate brown, but the hazel eyes are pretty, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Interesting. I have definitely never seen blue.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I actually know plenty people who were born with blue eyes and whose eyes changed later to green, grey, brown, etc. Apparently the colour can make that sort of a dramatic change in the first approx 2-3 yrs. :)

    ReplyDelete