Copyright

All blog posts, unless otherwise noted, are copyrighted to the Author (that's me) and may not be used without written permission.

June 22, 2008

Easing On Down the Road

A big thank you to my mother, who drove all the way from California to New Brunswick to help her son out and get him moved to where he wanted to be. She put up with my wild mood swings, incredible stress levels, and a lot more during the drive. But we made it in one piece and I couldn't have done it without her.

The moving in process is taking time. I think M would like it to happen much faster, just because she hates all this change and randomness that is occurring with my move, but intellectually she also knows this will all take time to sort out.

I've started calling and making arrangements for various issues; I was sort of thinking that all the paperwork was involved in getting here and that I wouldn't have to do much more once I arrived. Not so. I have to get a SIN, my PR (green) card, my vehicle inspected and registered, I may have to get a new drivers license, we have to work on Medicare, and, I'm sure, a host of other items I'm not even remembering at this moment.

And the little things-- like a BPass for the bridge so I don't have to physically pay $.50 each time I cross it. And keys to her vehicle for me and keys to my vehicle for her. And finding locations for all of my stuff. Moving her stuff around or possibly even getting rid of some of it to make more room. It is remarkable how much my 5x8 trailer of stuff is changing the house and the immediate environment!

But, we are trying hard to take things one step and one day at a time. We aren't stressing over doing too much at a time. Instead, we are emptying a box here and there, deciding what we will do next, writing lists of projects and plans, and moving forward.

On tap for this next week: M will get my truck serviced (got all 3,000+ miles needed for next service in one 1-week trip!) including having them check/replace the transmission fluid and look at the axle and ball-joint and re-grease as needed, she'll stop on Tuesday and get me a BPass for the truck on her account. In the near future: a new local bank account for me, getting a few more boxes unpacked, and maybe buying some shelving for all of our books, DVDs, CDs, etc.

And so our married (and together!) life begins anew.

No comments:

Post a Comment