Copyright

All blog posts, unless otherwise noted, are copyrighted to the Author (that's me) and may not be used without written permission.

September 16, 2007

Waiting Patiently

I have some friends who accompany their significant others when said SO goes on a business trip somewhere. After this weekend, I'm wondering why.

Maybe it is because I am used to this area, so don't feel the need to explore as much, but sitting around waiting for M to get out of meetings, hoping I get invited along to the get-togethers and other events, and generally not having much to do is boring. Yes, I have the car and can go shopping in the area, but I'm not really a shopper. If it was somewhere new there would be sights to see, but a) there aren't here, as I've lived in the general area for most of my life and b) I would rather see them with M-- which means waiting for her to be finished.

When Matt brought Elysa with him to Germany, that made sense. How often do you get to see Germany? Being such a different place, she had much she could see and do without Matt, and save the really big stuff for when he was available. But when Dorothy goes with Doug to New Jersey, I'm not really seeing the attraction. Yes, it means you are spending marginally more time with your loved one, but it is a place they know well, used to live at, and you still wind up waiting most of the time for that loved one to be done with his/her tasks for the day to spend any time together.

I am satisfied with this arrangement this time, because we are still on our honeymoon and we get to see each other so little right now... every bit helps. I hope next time it is in a location at which I can do a little more, see a little more so I am not as bored.

I am actually looking forward to working from here Monday and Tuesday, just so I have something to do!

1 comment:

  1. I'm sorry that you've been bored, but it's worked to my advantage: you've spent extra time with me, which I enjoy! I'll be sorry to see you go back to your home and M return to hers.

    ReplyDelete