Copyright

All blog posts, unless otherwise noted, are copyrighted to the Author (that's me) and may not be used without written permission.

September 8, 2007

So I Got Married... Again

You cannot believe how incredible today was. My wife was stunning; she picked an awe-inspiring dress, had her hair done beautifully, and make up that only enhanced her natural beauty rather than overcoming or overwhelming it. She was something special to see!!!!!

And so many family and friends made it and wished us well. Truly well, too-- I didn't see or hear anything that sounded in the least bit disingenuous. M's family has been incredibly kind in welcoming me to theirs.

People seemed to like the Union Club reception-- and Suzy's cake was superb. Turned out even better than I expected (and after all the oohs and aahs I've heard over the last few years about Suzy's skills in the kitchen, I had some high hopes).

Chris, who hates public speaking, gave a very heartfelt and moving toast/speech. Mark, M's older brother, did a fabulous job as the MC-- we couldn't have picked a better person for the job.
Cynthia also stepped in and had a small but vital role as a photog assistant that she handled extremely well. My sister Mindy did a great job with her reading, as well as handling the "mom issue" previously blogged about, and keeping her brother sane. Special thank yous go repeatedly to Jay-- he absolutely nailed his two readings and then stepped up when we needed someone to give a prayer before dinner. Way above and beyond the call of duty, yet handled with grace and aplomb.

Last but very much not least, Jenn and Stew were incredible through every facet of the planning and day. Simply could not have happened without their help... at all.

Thank you!

I could not have asked for a better wedding. Period.

(Now, I just want to see the pictures so I can remember what happened!! I'm probably forgetting many, many people -- but you can understand... now, back to the wedding night.)

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous7:22 PM

    John, congratulations to you on your wedding! And best wishes to your bride. - Daralee

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was a beautiful wedding for a beautiful couple!! I'll get some pics uploaded tomrorow!

    *HUGS*
    TL

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats again. Liz *did* look stunning, and you looked rather dashing yourself. ^_^

    ReplyDelete