Copyright

All blog posts, unless otherwise noted, are copyrighted to the Author (that's me) and may not be used without written permission.

May 1, 2006

What A Difference

My friend in IT managed to get my system rebuilt today. He then installed that module into the chassis of the current laptop and we installed the remaining programs that are department-specific.

What a difference!

I have not experienced the pausing issue that has been plaguing me since the end of February in the 3 hours I have been using it. Everything is accessing quickly and all of my links and programs actually open when I click on them.

I am not going to install any "personal" programs on this system, even though I am convinced they were not the culprit (since they had been installed since September and I only started to have issues at the end of February). Of course, the only personal programs I had installed were an email alerted and an IM program-- not really things that would cause the havok that my system was operating in!

It is early, I know, to be crowing too loudly. But since I couldn't operate for more than a couple of minutes without the pausing issue occurring, and it was especially bad whenever I typed, the fact that I have been pause-free for a couple of hours gives me a great deal of hope for the future.

Of course, some will argue that it is a Dell and, therefore, prone to havok in the first place. If so, then I will have IT rebuild it again and we will start over! If that is what it takes to keep me running smoothly, I'm not above doing that.

Now, back to finishing me reinstalls and setup so I can hit it hard and fast tomorrow and start getting caught up on all the work that has piled up during my laptop issues.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous7:53 PM

    Good news, indeed. I know this one has been plaguing you for quite some time. Far too long, from what I understand.

    Good luck on getting caught up on things!

    ReplyDelete