Copyright

All blog posts, unless otherwise noted, are copyrighted to the Author (that's me) and may not be used without written permission.

May 22, 2006

Idle Thoughts

1. M didn't quite get on her way this morning.

  • John Wayne Airport had a 1.5 hour power outage that delayed a bunch of flights, security checks, and check-ins.
  • We learned that, for check ins, if any part of your flight is international, your entire flight is considered international, so we didn't get her checked in soon enough (first leg was a domestic flight, so we though an hour early was plenty of time).
  • I get my honey for 1 more day (but I have to spend it at work). But we get the pain of the airport goodbye again. Catch-22.

2. Saw a sign for a house agent whose name is "Richard Fallis." How cruel were his parents?

3. I have now, officially, seen it all. On Friday, driving to work at 8:00 a.m., I saw what my brain insisted was an asian woman eating an ear of corn. I got up closer and looked again, assuming I must be mistaken. Finally, at a light, I was able to pull right up next to her and look directly at her-- sure enough, an asian woman was driving with one hand holding an ear of corn by a corn skewer, munching away. First, an ear of corn (raw or cooked) is messy, let alone eating it one handed. Second, how badly do you need/want corn to eat an ear of it while driving to work in the morning?

No comments:

Post a Comment