Copyright

All blog posts, unless otherwise noted, are copyrighted to the Author (that's me) and may not be used without written permission.

May 3, 2006

Idle Thoughts

  1. It is going to feel weird not to have bowling tonight. The main bowling season is so long (33 weeks) you get sort of used to the Wednesday grind.
  2. Yellow means warning. You do not need to break for a green light as the yellow light warns you that your direction is about to stop moving and to get out of, or do not enter, the intersection. So stop breaking on the green!
  3. Those new Dr. Scholl’s inserts that mold to your feet like a temper-pedic bed look good. With the trouble I have with shoes, I think I will look into getting a set and see how they work.
  4. Why has Caly awakened me two nights in a row at exactly 1:15 am? And why has she broken her training and gone back to scratching my poor couch?
  5. I am still chafing at the distance. I hope we can get some forward momentum going soon!
  6. Boss leaves on vacation tomorrow for nearly 3 full weeks out of the offices.
  7. I just got a notice from Air Canada that I can fly from LAX to London, England for less than I can fly from LAX to Saint John, Canada. What the hell?
  8. I watched two different news casts last night, one more liberal and one more conservative. Both agreed:
  • Nowhere near the numbers they expected for the Immigrants rally showed up (the largest estimate that I heard said that 94% of business polled indicated that less than 10% of their employees were out or planned to leave at all).
  • California was hit the hardest economically and that wasn’t much at all (between 50-75 million dollars was their initial estimate, with more being added on the weekend as the full cost of the day's lost salary gets figured in).
  • All the children who were allowed out of classes to march were only hurting themselves.
  • So far, economists agree that the only group of people hurt monetarily are those who marched—in lost wages and by not patronizing local businesses.
  • It appears to have had little to no effect on Congress.
  • So, it winds up as a lose-lose for those who promoted and marched in it.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous8:58 PM

    Hi John... the reason for the cheaper flight to the UK is due to taxes. If you take off and land in Canada, you get nailed on taxes.

    It might be cheaper for you to fly to Boston on an American carrier, then take a flight to Saint John from there... I think there's daily flights between Boston and SJ

    ReplyDelete