Copyright

All blog posts, unless otherwise noted, are copyrighted to the Author (that's me) and may not be used without written permission.

May 7, 2006

Loony Moons!

I've liked Twinkies, well, forever. It is sponge cake goodness.

Then I went to Canada. There, Mare, a new friend, provided me with "Loony Moons!" (actually 1/2 Lunes (French) or 1/2 Moons (English)) in a very thoughtful 'Canada Starter Pack' she created. Thanx again, Mare.

I am now hooked. That first batch had caramel flavor in them, and were quite good. Later, at Christmas, M got me some that were "plain" -- very similar to a Twinkie. The difference is that they have more of the creamy filling than an actual Twinkie and the cake is a bit softer. Yum!

M made sure to bring some more with her when she visited last month. I write this because I managed to hold out until today on eating the last remaining Loony Moon from that box.

I've been told that there are chocolate and other flavors available for my enjoyment. I cannot wait to return to Canada to try some more!

2 comments:

  1. well, then, i'll be sure to lay on a care package for you. :) i'll see what i can track down - they have some different ones in quebec, i hear.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fer the locals... Champlain Heights Irving has Little Debbie's and assorted cakes like the loony moons for less than the normal stores.

    ReplyDelete