Copyright

All blog posts, unless otherwise noted, are copyrighted to the Author (that's me) and may not be used without written permission.

April 20, 2006

Bowling Update (4/19/06)

First let me say-- sometimes you know you have made the right decisions by how you react afterward. The fact that I came home tonight after bowling and was disappointed to find an empty apartment (well, the cat was there, but she's not quite who I was looking for) indicates to me that I made the right choice recently.

I miss you already. July (or moving) can't come soon enough.

---------

Now, to bowling. The team sputtered to the finish line. Jean, Lilia (still bowling in place of Tai), and Arvin each had one good game. We were going against the team with two of the top three average bowlers for the men and one of the top three average bowlers for women, and it showed. They matched us and, while we managed to take one game and hang close over all, we went 1-3. So, we likely dropped from 4th to 5th with that showing tonight. Oh well.

On a personal note, I had a really nice game going in the first game before I tweeked the hell out of my right knee. Frankly, if I didn't have the foresight to put on the neoprene knee brace before practice, I would have likely landed on the lane and likely tore something in my knee. I limped to a 189. I managed to shake it off and start the second game neck and neck with their first bowler. We were tied through 8 with one spare and 7 strikes in a row each, before I re-tweeked the knee in the 9th and nearly fell again. I still managed a 246. In a great deal of pain, but trying to shake it off, I managed a 237 to finish the night with a 672 series.

In the last three weeks of bowling (including tonight) I have 7 200 games out of the 9 games bowled. And all of them have been 220s or higher. Now, if I can just hold this body together for one more week and keep doing what I'm doing....

Oh, and it is official: depending on what anyone did tonight, I have the high series handicap title going into Sweeps with an 809. The next closest on the list was pretty low, so I have a decent shot at keeping it. And I just missed the watch they give for 100 pins above average.

If it turns out that this is my last league for awhile, I am doing everything I can to go out with a bang.

2 comments:

  1. I miss you too. Even though I was pretty tired last week and didn't join you at bowling, at least I was there to welcome you home.

    I don't like the sounds of this knee-tweaking. *concerned look

    Good scores, though. You should be proud of how well you've done this season.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fantastic streak of bowling success you are enjoying! Congrats on all the hard work paying off.

    Now, to other concerns: take care of the knees. They are going to be your main method of transport for many years to come!

    ReplyDelete