Copyright

All blog posts, unless otherwise noted, are copyrighted to the Author (that's me) and may not be used without written permission.

April 3, 2006

The Pause that ... Infuriates!

I have a problem with my work laptop, one that my buddies in IT have been trying to help me with to no avail.

When I connect my laptop at work through its docking station, I have intermittent but painfully obvious pausing issues. It gets so bad that entire words get skipped while I’m typing. It’s so bad that, if I’m listening to music, the pauses during the songs are annoying and obvious. It’s so bad that the mouse jumps across the entire screen or, worse, just sits in the same location because the machine can’t figure out where it should be.

If I unhook everything from the docking station and plug it directly into the back of the laptop, the pausing issue is minimized, but doesn’t go away entirely. The issues while typing become only hiccups. The mouse will catch up to where it should be. But the music glitches are still fairly pronounced.

However, when I work from home and connect via the internet, I do not experience the pausing issue at all, even though the connection is quite a bit slower and there are more things prone to cause issues.

One thing I just recently noticed is that, when I am playing music and it pauses, the sound becomes scratchy and rough after it recovers from the hiccup. I didn’t notice this at first when the pausing issue began, so I’m wondering if this is new symptom or whatever is causing the pausing is somehow getting worse.

So, the obvious thing is the docking station, right? No dice. IT has switched out my docking station and it still occurs. So it must be my chassis or laptop, right? No dice. IT has changed my chassis and it continues to occur. A driver? We have updated everything to the most recent/best we can find, to no avail. I have two spyware systems protecting my machine and a good, corporate antivirus program running on it—it is not a virus or spyware causing the issue. We have also done a Repair of the Windows OS to see if other drivers might have been the problem—again, no dice. Still having the problem. Since it is most obvious while typing, we thought maybe it was the keyboard, so we replaced it. Still pausing.

I am extremely frustrated with this problem. I type all day long, so to have something that so greatly distracts and interferes with my ability to type makes me less productive. My buddy in IT is frustrated, as the problem is intermittent enough that he can’t track it down or find a FAQ or knowledgebase article about it.

One suggestion I got from a reliable source is that “it is a Dell.” I’m not sure I accept that as a reason that the machine pauses. Especially not when it was working fine for the first many moons that I had it and this issue only started at the end of February. Nice try, though. ;-)

It wouldn’t be so bad if the applications “caught up.” But, when the pause happens, it doesn’t capture the keystrokes I’m typing at all. For example, let’s say I’m typing the phrase “The quick brown fox jumped over the lazy cow.” If the pausing issue occurs twice during that typing, the sentence may wind up looking like, “The qck brown fox jer the lazy cow.” It totally misses and skips the letters typed during the pause. Sometimes the pause is long enough or I’m typing fast enough that it includes entire words, but most of the time it is just a few letters worth. But, again, I type all day long—it is imperative that I only make my own mistakes and get them corrected—I don’t need the system helping me to make even more!

Hopefully we can narrow down and resolve this issue soon. I’m close to wanting to throw the damn laptop over my cubicle wall and see what happens!!!!

8 comments:

  1. A couple of strange things I've encountered: rain, wind, and dust, especially on my mouse. If it rains, my computer hiccups; when the wind blows, I have an assortment of problems that occur. If there is dirt/dust, the keyboard has issues, as does the mouse. I have been cleaning the connections at the back of the computer at least once a week, and it appears to have minimized the pausing problem.

    and, I've noticed the problem with MSN, but not with my other internet connections.

    go figure.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with the "it's a Dell" statement. Yip. That's definitely got to be it.

    Is it making a noise when it pauses? Does the hard drive stop? Does the fan gear up/down?

    How about a corroded or loose connector for the power supply?

    Naw. It's probably none of that or the other thoughts I have. it's probably just that it's a Dell.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aha! See, I'm not the only one who believes in the evil of Dell laptops.

    You should have just named me in the body of the post. Everyone knows it's me anyway. :P

    I've just had too many problems with Dell laptops to trust them. I think your laptop knows that I'm in the picture and has decided to act up. I jinx them or something.

    Honestly, at this point, I'd be asking for a replacement laptop, either temporarily (so that IT can have it for an extended period of time and have a better chance at determining the issue) or permanently.

    Typing is your job. If you're having those kinds of experiences, that means you're working twice as hard to produce an accurate document -- that's not efficient for you or your company.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tell work that you need a Mac Book Pro!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hate to admit it since I'm still paying on mine for another year but Liz's right. It's a Dell.

    ReplyDelete
  6. When you're plugged into the docking station, is the USB port plugged in? Our corporate standard is Dell...

    We discovered that on our D600 machines, COM1 would slow down to unusable levels when using a particular piece of vendor software. But if you plug something (anything at all) into the USB port, it works fine.

    Might just be that software, but it might be worth a look. :)

    Either way, Liz is right... Tell IT you need a new laptop, and you don't want the old one back unless it's fized. And push for it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. All these suggestions are wonderful.

    I do not think it is the laptop itself. Our company has started "pushing" stuff onto our systems whenever they feel like it. My laptop worked fine, beautifully even, from September through January. I think they pushed something onto the system in February that broke this.

    Now, to get someone to own up to it.... ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Naw. Don't kid yourself. It's a Dell. They are even well aware that they are fantabulous at getting new customers, but they are 2nd lowest at 2nd time buyers and customer loyalty! There's a reason. They are Dell. Dell is just hell spelled wrong. Save yourself the trouble. It's crap. hehe!

    ReplyDelete