Copyright

All blog posts, unless otherwise noted, are copyrighted to the Author (that's me) and may not be used without written permission.

April 6, 2006

Bowling Updates (3/29 and 4/5)

Jean and I were both sick last week, and Tai couldn’t make it, so we needed to schedule make up bowling for last Wednesday. We did the make up on Saturday. It was of special note because it was the first time Arvin missed a game in the two seasons we’ve bowled together. However, as it was a make up day and he was ready to bowl on Wednesday, I won’t hold that against him.

The conditions on Saturday were not ideal. Jean wound up having to miss that day, too, so we had Lilia bowl in her place. Arvin was off to Vegas, so we used his blind score. Tai had a fabulous session, bowling 160s, 170s, and a 199. I, however, bowled very poorly, getting a 145, 125, and a 187. Yes, you saw that correctly, the streak is dead. I missed a 200 for the first time in 10 weeks. Until the other team’s scores and ours are put in the computer, we won’t know how we did. However, I doubt Tai’s heroics are enough for us to win more than 1 or 2.

Tonight, everyone but Tai was available. Jean had two good games, in the 130s, but also had an 80. Arvin was a little off, bowling 10 pins below average in two games, but also bowled a 172—which could easily have been higher. I started with a 168 and followed it with a 204 and 215; back on track.

(Aside: I know this is nitpicking, but I am very disappointed in my 204. I had no opens through 8 and a strike in the 8th and finished that game with two 9-opens. So, what could have been a 240s turned into a 204. I usually finish stronger than that.)

If you’ll recall, a couple of weeks ago we had a gentleman bowl a 299 against us. Tonight we had a man bowl a 297 against us. He was too cocky on the last throw and relied on too much hook on the wetter lane and flubbed the last throw, otherwise he would have had a 300. However, unlike that session a couple of weeks ago, our team responded. While we lost the game when the guy bowled the near-300, we won the other two games and total pins for a 3-1 week. It is remarkable how often individuals and teams have career games against our team. I guess we bring out the best in people. ;-)

The remaining weeks in the season are:
April 12, Position Round
April 19, Finals
April 26, Sweeps (and the chance at some cash)

1 comment:

  1. I can't believe you're disappointed in a 204. *scowl

    Glad you're back on track. :)

    ReplyDelete