Copyright

All blog posts, unless otherwise noted, are copyrighted to the Author (that's me) and may not be used without written permission.

April 27, 2006

Bowling Finale (4/26/2006)

As expected, I did not bowl up to my last three week's promise tonight. I barely managed a 168, 170, and 184 for a 522 series. I can count on 1 hand the "good" balls I threw tonight. I hurt all over-- my knee, my foot, my right wrist, and my back all ache. The season is just a little bit too long for me. I will be glad for a break from bowling.

As to Sweeps, our team came in 5th place overall for the season, so we earned almost $100 each for that. I earned another $20 for league high handicap game (809), we stumbled to a 16th place finish tonight (out of 16 teams) and won another $20 each for that (yes, every position makes some cash), and we got $1 each for having the third highest handicap series for a team. Basically, $140 cash walking out the door-- not too shabby.

In addition, I earned:
  • A League High Series pin
  • A '75 pins over average game' patch
  • A '140 pins over series' patch
  • A 700 series patch (or, in looking at it more closely, I think it is a leather coaster)
And I managed to almost make my goal that I set before the season started: I finished with a 188 overall book average, a 9.6 pin improvement over the previous season. My goal was to finish at 190.

I had a load of fun again this season with Jean, Tai, Arvin, and Lilia (our main substitute). They are good people and kept me laughing all season. If my personal plans come to fruition, I will not be here to enjoy another season of bowling with them-- so I wish them all luck.

Now, even though it is 11 o'clock, I will be heading in for a hot bath with Epson salts in it and hoping I can get this body moving tomorrow morning.

To quote a favorite movie: "I'm getting too old for this $#!+."

3 comments:

  1. Congratulations, bowler! What a great season you had this year. Is there bowling in Canada? Perhaps you'll be better of physically without it, but it's been such a great social outing too that I hope you continue.

    Besides which, you haven't reached your personal goal--yet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. There is bowling, but New Brunswick, Nova Scotia, Maine, New Hampshire and Massachusetts all have candlepin lanes, not the usual 10 pin lanes. ME/MA/NH have some of both, but in my province it is strictly candlepin. This is the only area in the world that has only candlepin bowling. Go figure.

    I'm glad you still had a great night even though it wasn't up to your par. Some money is better than no money!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahhhh - Leathal Weapon - classic line.

    Congrats on the cash and sorry that you didn't feel up to par. Hopefully the soak put you in better shape for the morning.

    ReplyDelete