Copyright

All blog posts, unless otherwise noted, are copyrighted to the Author (that's me) and may not be used without written permission.

June 23, 2005

Preoccupations

I've been preoccupied the last two weeks. It is funny, though, because most of the time I'm preoccupied it has adverse side effects on the rest of my life. So far my current adversities include:

  • Watching very little TV
  • Reading more
  • Cleaning my apartment more conscientiously (still in process)
  • Writing more (blogs, emails, and my own stuff)
  • Doing more at work, and faster, so I can get home
  • Volunteering more at work for new assignments
  • Even delaying reading comic books, because some things are actually more fun than comic books (did I write that? Who am I? and what happened to John??) ;-)

I guess, in the end, it depends on the preoccupation? The right one can drive you forward, the wrong one can hold you back.

2 comments:

  1. My preoccupation is theatre, and it certainly drives me, although, there are some days I wish it didn't do so quite so much. There are lots of things I'd like to do, but I always seem to get myself wrapped in one show or another. At the same time, I love theatre passionately, and have a blast regardless of how large or small my role is.

    I guess I don't really have a point, except I understand. ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous10:59 PM

    Great to hear you have made conscious decisions to make these changes in your life! And best of all, you're enjoying these decisions. More power to you!

    ReplyDelete