Copyright

All blog posts, unless otherwise noted, are copyrighted to the Author (that's me) and may not be used without written permission.

February 8, 2006

Idle Thoughts

In no particular order
  1. It is remarkable just how much I enjoy spending time with M. We do not even need to be doing anything—just hanging out while I watch TV and she reads a book (or whatever).
  2. My buddy Marcus and his wife are very much on my mind. If you need anything Marcus, let me know.
  3. M is really, really good at laundry. Even with my screwy setup. First time in awhile that everything I own is clean all at the same time!
  4. M seems to put up with me even when my best laid plans go a little awry. The Chuck Jones Gallery to which I attempted to take her said on their answering machine that they were open Tuesday through Saturday. When we arrived, the sign on the door said Open Wednesday through Sunday. *sigh
  5. TMJ sucks. It is like spraining your ankle, only it is in your jaw. Ow! Soft foods, Ibuprofen, and some simple stretching exercises for the next week should, hopefully, take care of it. *fingers crossed
  6. Our time together is half over already. It is always way too little time.
  7. While M loves, absolutely loves, the weather here, I don’t think that will be a big enough draw to get her to come here. Which I’m ok with, but I will be a little sad to leave So Cal. I’ve lived here all my life.
  8. I get more exercise at M’s home than I do at my apartment. At her home, I have to constantly go up and down the stairs, there are activities like mowing the lawn, shoveling snow, and chopping wood to do, and it is more than 11 steps from end to end. The sheer size of her place, compared to mine, keeps me more active. I like that.
  9. M has strengths in all the areas I have weakness.
  10. I wonder, after having met and petted Calypso, if M would let Caly move with me. She’s right; I would probably miss the cat if I moved without her. At the same time, I’m a bit tired of being a pet owner—I’ve had pets for most of my life and the constant maintenance and care they require can be trying. Especially when you need someone to look after a pet when you go to Canada.
  11. I did a crappy job of shaving my head this morning. Mind wasn’t on task.
  12. Hope I bowl well tonight.
  13. I think that M has revised her opinion of See's Candy. ;-)

1 comment:

  1. First - I love to read your random thoughts. They are great - deep and funny all at the same time, and you aren't afraid to show on here sides and parts of you that most people won't show ever!

    Second - I have come to realize upon finishiing reading your random thoughts that I'm turning into scum. 'Nuff said.

    ReplyDelete