Copyright

All blog posts, unless otherwise noted, are copyrighted to the Author (that's me) and may not be used without written permission.

February 12, 2006

In the Air

M should be in the air as I'm typing this. Just heading off on her many-hour trip back to the east coast of Canada, winter, and well-below freezing temperatures.

We're smart people and we knew if this kept going it would get tough. We have hashed it out every which way, we have plans and we have problems, we have solutions and more questions... but that doesn't help to make leaving her at the airport (or her leaving me) any easier.

And, on top of it, M has to arrive home (weather permiting), to a cold, dark, lonely house tonight around midnight. I at least have my cat to hold and cuddle with and talk to. She has Hugs and Choco, but they can only provide so much.

And now it looks like we have to survive another about 2 months until we can see each other again. And then another 2 months between that visit and the next one.

I love this woman and I want to be with her. It is time to actively work toward that goal.

1 comment:

  1. It's crappy that she's in the air when she may not be able to make it home thanks to the nasty snow storm pelting us at the moment. hopefully she will make it home to her bed tonight and not get storm-stayed somewhere in between you and home here!

    I'm also sad that you two are sad. Leaving is never easy. I'm sad also that it's going to be so long in between the next couple of visits. It doesn't get easier as time goes on - only harder I'm afraid.

    I'm happy however to hear that you guys are actively taking steps to make the time in between seeing each other only long enough to leave the house for work! :)

    yaaay!! that's great news unto itself!! You two are so happy together - I'm glad that you guys are going to try to continue to make this work.

    All the best!

    ReplyDelete