Copyright

All blog posts, unless otherwise noted, are copyrighted to the Author (that's me) and may not be used without written permission.

February 2, 2006

Twice is a Trend

Have you ever heard the phrase "Once is a fluke (or lucky), twice is a trend, and three times is a streak?"

Well, last week I wore The Shirt and our team broke our funk and went 3-1. Both Tai and Arvin bowled well and I had a nice night. Tonight, we went 4-0. Arvin bowled well in two games, and on average in the other; Jean had a very nice night, above average in two games with one nearly 150; and Lilia, Tai's girlfriend who was filling in for him, bowled her two highest games ever (113 and 107).

Your humble narrator (a-hem! It's my story, and I say I'm humble, dammit) bowled a very nice 179, 225, 225 for a 629 series and a 209 average.

So, obviously, I have to wear The Shirt next week to see if it becomes a streak.

Of course, next week has a secondary challenge, as the person who got me The Shirt will actually be there to meet the bowling team and watch me bowl. No pressure, eh?

3 comments:

  1. All right! Way to go! Big scores, big expectations, big ego?

    I repeat: do NOT wash the shirt.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If the team had a LACK of funk... I'm guessing he already washed it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah, but knowing my bf who hates laundry, he likely *didn't* wash it :)

    Looking forward to seeing The Man in action. Hope I'm not too much of a distraction ;)

    ReplyDelete