Copyright

All blog posts, unless otherwise noted, are copyrighted to the Author (that's me) and may not be used without written permission.

December 21, 2007

Not Blogging Much

A couple of people have noted and asked me why I haven't been posting as often. The truth is, since returning from Canada this last time, I have been averaging between 2-4 hours sleep. I have been exhausted and, because of that, a little brain numb and cotton-y. This leads to not feeling well (it is funny how a lack of sleep over a prolonged time can make you feel like you're sick, when really it is only the sleeplessness).

Some of the issues were work-related; it is a struggle at work these days, and the mood there is poor. A lot of people claim to "know" that our part of the overall business is being sold or is on the chopping block. This may be true, but since the company was bought right before I joined, and then bought out again shortly after I joined, I don't understand why these people are so afraid of this. But, it still affects you.

Caly has been unwell. She has been throwing up sometimes up to a couple of times a day. And frequently between 3:30 and 5 am. Which, of course, wakes me up if I was asleep and I have to deal with. She's fine now, but that was a week of not knowing and being awakened if I did manage to fall asleep.

And then, of course, there is the fact I am one who suffers yearly or semi-annual bouts of sleep issues. Most often insomnia. With all the travel to the east coast, the time differences, the changes in climate, etc., it is no wonder that I slipped into a round of insomnia.

Last night, however, I got a really good night's rest. I went to bed about 10:30pm, fell asleep slightly after 11pm, and was startled awake by the arm clock at 6:30am. My "feeling sick" feelings are pretty much gone and my mind feels sharper. I don't feel as grouchy or full of ennui as I have been, and the color has returned to my cheeks.

Now, here's hoping I can get one or two more nights of a good rest, so I can be as much in the Christmas spirit as possible when M arrives Sunday afternoon!

No comments:

Post a Comment