Copyright

All blog posts, unless otherwise noted, are copyrighted to the Author (that's me) and may not be used without written permission.

December 27, 2007

Would You Like Cheese with That?

M wanted a cheeseburger, as I proposed them on the trip home from SoCal when we were trying to determine what we wanted to do once we got home. We stopped at In N Out, and were waiting in the drive thru line for our turn. When I pulled up to the nice girl running the drive thru, I said, "We would like three cheeseburgers, one with ketchup only and the other two with lettuce only and an order of fries."

"Would you like cheese with that?" she asked.

"Uh.... yes?" I responded, with an obviously incredulous look on my face and the start of a smile.

"I have to ask. Some people order a cheeseburger with lettuce only and expect a plain burger with lettuce-- no cheese," she explained.

"If I didn't want cheese, I would order a hamburger with lettuce only," I said.

"Well, you have common sense," was her reply.

She read back the order, told us the total, and we pulled forward. M then laughed and reiterated, "Would you like cheese with that?" and we had a renewed moment of laughter over the incident.

But, the girl is right-- I'm certain there are at least a few people every day who order a cheeseburger, hold the cheese. And, if I was In N Out, I would charge them the slightly higher cheeseburger rates for it, too!! If you're that dumb, you deserve to pay more for your dining experience, too.

1 comment:

  1. My b'fast group has been eating b'fast at the same restaurant every Friday for 5 years. I usually ask for scrambled eggs, 2 pieces of crisp bacon, and one piece of already-buttered wheat toast.

    I get ... scrambled eggs, 3 pieces of whimpy bacon, 2 pices of toast and a pat of butter, and either hash browns, fruit, or cottage cheese!

    Every week I say, "No, that's not what I wanted" and repeat the order, but I guess in the grand scheme of life, it's such a little annoyance.

    However, it bugs me that the servers bring food I'm not going to eat, which then has to be thrown away!

    ReplyDelete