Copyright

All blog posts, unless otherwise noted, are copyrighted to the Author (that's me) and may not be used without written permission.

March 3, 2006

Shakespeare's Lesser Known Poems

My English Literature background is showing... I found this hilarious!


*The Hokey Pokey*
Shakespearean Style


O proud left foot, that ventures quick within
Then soon upon a backward journey lithe.
Anon, once more the gesture, then begin:
Command sinistral pedestal to writhe.
Commence thou then the fervid Hokey-Poke.
A mad gyration, hips in wanton swirl.
To spin! A wilde release from heaven's yoke.
Blessed dervish! Surely canst go, girl.
The Hoke, the poke -- banish now thy doubt.
Verily, I say, 'tis what it's all about.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous3:32 PM

    Hilarious! Can't stop laughing! "Surely canst go, girl. ... Verily, I say, 'tis what it's all about." Great, great, great! :)

    ReplyDelete