Copyright

All blog posts, unless otherwise noted, are copyrighted to the Author (that's me) and may not be used without written permission.

March 21, 2006

IE 7 (Beta 2)

On my home PC, I download the Beta 2 version of Internet Explorer 7, which will be shipping with the upcoming new Windows OS release.

I have to say, Windows is learning. They have finally caught up to other browsers with tabbed browsing, they have made many of their security features less intrusive, and they have done away with a bunch of the toolbars that used to clutter the IE screen.

I feel that the IE browser seems to display pages faster.

Opera, while I liked the file size and lack of intrusion, I didn’t care for the application. Firefox I enjoyed, but constantly had problems with any site running Java or certain xml code not loading. With IE 7, I seem to get all the advantages of Opera and Firefox but I don’t seem to be having issues with Java and other scripts. And I still have my Favorites tab, which is one feature in IE that I always liked and of which I made full use.

I am still a bit concerned about the processor and (especially) the memory requirements I keep reading for the next Windows OS version (currently named Vista, I believe). But I am quite pleased with the changes I am seeing in IE 7.

Now, if Microsoft would just unbundled it from their OS….

No comments:

Post a Comment