Copyright

All blog posts, unless otherwise noted, are copyrighted to the Author (that's me) and may not be used without written permission.

March 3, 2006

Once More

Yes, I know I'm harping. Deal with it.

University of Arizona environmental microbiologist Chuck Gerba agrees. "The dirtiest thing you'll ever touch in a public restroom is a urinal handle," he says. Plus, water provides ample breeding ground for microorganisms. "And when you flush a urinal, you'd better step back," he quips. "I think waterless urinals are much more sanitary, by a long shot."

4 comments:

  1. Glad I'm not a man. Ew.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah, but you forget my original point-- do you shake hands with a man? Use his mouse or keyboard? Open a door after he does?

    Now ask yourself-- did he thoroughly wash his hands after his last visit to the restroom?

    ReplyDelete
  3. There is one guy at my work that I've observed using the facilities and not washing his hands. He's one of the wandering types and seems to touch everything.

    Makes me not want to touch anything. *shivers* The company gave everyone Hand Sanitizer gel but it can't do enough good.

    I think I might be turning into Adrian Monk...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Our school is enjoying another outbreak of pink eye--which is quite easily passed from one infected eye to another. When I handed out the alert letter, I told the students that if an infected eye is rubbed, and then the pages of the textbook are turned, the next person to touch the textbook--and then rub an eye--could infect the new eye.

    Yeah, they weren't happy and many refused to open the book!

    I also assured them that there is ALWAYS hand sanitizer in the room, and I also clean the desks at least once a day with bleach, but they weren't placated. It is obvious that no one is cleaning the textbooks, and after a short 2 years of constant use, they are in need of replacement already.

    Imagine the diseases that are living it up on the pages of that oft-handled tome. Can you say YUCKY!

    ReplyDelete