Copyright

All blog posts, unless otherwise noted, are copyrighted to the Author (that's me) and may not be used without written permission.

March 23, 2006

Bowling Update (3/22/06)

Tai and Arvin each had one very nice game, one decent game, and one sub par game. Jean was right on average the entire night. I continued my personal streak of weeks with a 200 by scoring a whopping 243 but followed that with two decent but sub par efforts.

We won the first game by 12, lost the second by 49, and then lost the third by 2 pins and finished 1-3. Unfortunately, Arvin admitted feeling some guilt for that as our anchor bowler. He needed a mark and 1 pin in the tenth, bowled a perfect strike ball, and the seven pin wobbled as far as a pin can move without actually falling over. He then just missed picking up the spare. Mr. Tenth just didn’t have it tonight. However, in all fairness, the team had a streak of opens in the 6th and 7th frames. In the same two frames, the team we were bowling against had all strikes and two spares. That was really what killed us. We went from up 100 pins to being up only 30 in those two frames. We then started marking in the 8th frame, but then followed those with opens in the 9th. Meanwhile the other team had nearly all marks. Instead of an easy victory and a possible 4-0 night, it became a dog-fight and our dog just didn’t have enough bite left in it.

On a personal note, I managed to break one of my long-standing records. I have, even with all the good bowling I’ve been doing lately, never had six strikes in a row. I’ve done five a number of times, but the sixth has eluded me. Tonight I managed six in a row in the 243 game. I guess I earned my new nickname of Mr. X, eh?

1 comment:

  1. Yay! That's a great score! :)

    Now if you can do that in candlepin, you can make some big $$ ;)

    ReplyDelete