Copyright

All blog posts, unless otherwise noted, are copyrighted to the Author (that's me) and may not be used without written permission.

January 2, 2006

Last Full Day

Well, today is my last day here. Tomorrow I get on a plane and head back to sunny So Cal.

*sigh

I don't want to go. I am happy here, even with the mind-numbing cold and the extreme (to me) weather.

*another sigh

The good news is that M is coming to see me in a month. She arrives Feb 3 and is staying a week. During that time, we need to make the rounds to my friends (hopefully a Super Bowl Party?), out to the desert to see my mom and dad, and then into LA for some touristy stuff-- she's never been to So Cal before.

All that will be fun, and I look forward to it, but I am not looking forward to going back to Blue Calisto and Purple Benguit Frisky on IM.

I like Saint John, I like M's friends and family, and I enjoy being here. Of course, this also means that M and I need to take a hard look at things and start making some serious decisions once she has experienced So Cal. We can't keep this extremely long distance relationship going indefinitely, nor would we want to. The point in the end is being together.

2005 wound up being a good year, even if it started with a lot of illness and malaise. I met the girl of my dreams, I have grown and found new successes at work, and I have made positive changes in my life.

It looks like 2006 will be filled with even more challenges, changes, and growth opportunities! Dammit, I'm tired of growing and changing. ;-)

2 comments:

  1. I'm glad that the visit has been everything you hoped it would be, but sorry it's coming to a close so soon. I'm anxious to meet M as she sounds wonderful!

    Have a safe trip home: I've been working on MY "honey-do" list after reading all the jobs you've completed for M :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have a safe flight, I hope it is on schedule. BTW, you haven't missed that much great weather during your trip. It's been raining and around 10C the last several days.

    ReplyDelete