Copyright

All blog posts, unless otherwise noted, are copyrighted to the Author (that's me) and may not be used without written permission.

January 10, 2006

Sick

One problem with having a girlfriend in an environment and location that is so much different from mine is that I got very sick after leaving there and returning.

First, most of her family was pretty darn sick and many of her friends were unwell too. So all the visiting exposed me to more illness than I would normally see. Second, her location was averaging about 30-40 degrees colder than where I am. Leaving 70s for 20-30 degree weather and then coming back has been a huge shock to the system.

Lastly, I'm sure some of the illness is simply from leaving a happy environment and being back alone in my apartment. I miss her. Going from actually seeing her every day for two full weeks to chatting via the interweb is hard. It takes an emotional toll that we are both feeling.

So, I am working from home today after having been home not working yesterday and sick over the weekend. Fever, sore throat, headache, digestive issues, coughing, sneezing, stuffy head (which I rarely get!), and alternately sleeping too much and not enough. My poor suppressed immune system is struggling to overcome the cocktail of illness I ran afoul of while up in Canada. At least I was well enough on Sunday to go to the store and restock my meager supplies so I have plenty of beverages to drink.

Hopefully she won't experience the same thing coming here in February. She will be leaving even worse weather and coming to our So Cal weather and back in a week. It may hit her just as hard upon her return!

2 comments:

  1. CA is in the middle of an epidemic of this stuff; almost all my colleagues joined me over the Winter Break in picking up the bug. The man who changes my oil told me today he, too, was sick for 2 weeks. It's nasty, and it hangs on forever.

    Some people have gone to the doctor for antibiotics, but I don't know if they help or not.

    Doesn't hurt to make a call and see what your dr. recommends.

    Me

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry to hear that re-adjustment has been harsh.

    I was one of the many sickos you encountered along your travels here, so my sincerest apologies if I had anything to do with your misery!

    Hope you get back on track again soon!!

    ReplyDelete