Copyright

All blog posts, unless otherwise noted, are copyrighted to the Author (that's me) and may not be used without written permission.

September 29, 2005

First Month - Bowling

Well, the team didn't start out so hot, but we've come on strong the last two weeks to even out to .500.

Personally:
Week 1: 154 243 180 = 192 average. Team: 0-4
Week 2: 147 133 192 = 157 average. Team: 1-3
Week 3: 211 189 159 = 186 average. Team: 4-0
Week 4: 212 171 151 = 178 average. Team: 3-1

So my overall average is at 178. Not bad, and I'm obviously pleased by all the 200s I've already managed, but my goal for the end of this league is to be at a 190 average. It's an aggressive goal, but goals should be. I am worried about the trend the last two weeks of starting strong and tailing off. Last week there was a reason (one of the guys on the other team was spending more time socializing around the teams than bowling, and we wound up being the last group to finish by almost 30 minutes! Everyone was tired-- and a bit cranky!), but this week I just lost my line and couldn't get it back.

I'm also very pleased with one teammate in particular. Although I'm the best bowler on the team, we put me in the lead-off position and moved Arvin to the Anchor position. He had some opportunities to come through for us and managed to secure a victory in the final game. He's coming along nicely. It takes a different mindset to be the Anchor and not everyone can do it, even if they are generally a good bowler.

2 comments:

  1. Congrats on the bowling stats. A fun team will always be a good team. Your socializer may end up being a royal pain in the ass, but, he could be lots of fun in the end though.

    I loved bowling. Certainly will never be able to deal with the big ball bowling again, but that might be somehting to think about when you come here - your first candlepin experience!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It never ceases to amaze me how big bowling is in the states. I know someone who actually went to univ on a bowling scholarship! Good fun, but I just don't understand the serious part of it. Glad you're having fun with it. (:

    ReplyDelete