Copyright

All blog posts, unless otherwise noted, are copyrighted to the Author (that's me) and may not be used without written permission.

August 11, 2008

Someone Who Gets It

With all the Favre news lately, reading this quote in Peter King's MMQB article put a smile on my face:

"I don't have hard feelings. The great thing about being a fan is you can have an opinion and you can express your opinion. I'm glad we live in a country where we're allowed to express our opinion and say what we feel is on our mind. A lot of people don't have that freedom and don't have that opportunity. I don't have any regrets. I don't have hard feelings toward anyone. It's a game. Sometimes we forget that, but it's a game. It's a game a lot of us played as kids and enjoyed so much that sometimes the business side of the game ruins that. I've always tried to keep that first and foremost.''
--Classy former Jet quarterback Chad Pennington, after being fired so the Jets could bring in Favre to be their quarterback this year

I like Pennington. He's a talented QB who happens to have injury issues. When he can stay on the field, and when he has a front line that can protect him, he is a quality QB who can get the job done. This quote also shows that he understand that what he does for a living is a blessing, and not one that many people get. Shows that his head is on straight, which seems to be true for far too few of those playing in the NFL (or any professional sport, for that matter). Here's hoping he can do some good for Miami.

1 comment:

  1. In an era of "it's all about me," it is refreshing to hear from someone who understands that it's actually all about us, and what is best for all of us is often the best course of action.

    I have not followed the Favre controversey because I thought he retired.

    ReplyDelete