Copyright

All blog posts, unless otherwise noted, are copyrighted to the Author (that's me) and may not be used without written permission.

August 28, 2008

Handy Some More

As I mentioned in a previous post, I put together and needed to figure out how to install a bathroom cabinet. Well, I happened to have two large bolts left over from a previous project, so I salvaged them. I bought a stud finder (and, yes, it got a hit on me almost immediately!) and found myself the stud that happens to be almost centered above the toilet (not quite, but close enough I think). I then did some quick measurements, drilled some holes, and used my largest ratchet to drive the bolts home into the solid wood stud.

I doubt it will be going anywhere any time soon. That being said, as with all things attached to the wall, we will want to refrain from overloading it.

Here's the finished product on the wall.

As you can see, we bought hardware that matches the remaining bathroom fixtures. I had to drill for those, and followed the rough guideline of all the other cabinets in the bathroom and house in locating them on the doors. Seems to have worked pretty well.

It turned out pretty well and pretty level for a one-man job. I'm pleased. Now we can move some stuff into it and reorganize the bathroom a bit.

5 comments:

  1. Anonymous2:22 PM

    what happened to the other one?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous2:23 PM

    ive done something here to have you a few cents!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job, dear. I look forward to seeing it in person when I get home tonight.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous3:32 PM

    Nice work John! I purchased a stud finder to use in mounting a flat screen tv to the wall in our family room. It has proven quite the handy tool, and I've been amazed at all the uses I've find for it since! Unfortunately though, I did not get the personal hit like you did. :(

    ReplyDelete
  5. And a big thank you to Mom for allowing you to learn this process while helping her install new cabinets in her bathroom ... or did you forget that prior training?

    Job well-done. I'm sure DIL will come up with several other projects now that you've demo'd your ability in this area.

    ReplyDelete