Copyright

All blog posts, unless otherwise noted, are copyrighted to the Author (that's me) and may not be used without written permission.

June 1, 2007

Sexy?

I am having a bad arthritis day in my left foot. The center of the foot, just behind the toes but in front of the arch, is swollen and sore. Because of this, I am slightly limping around as my foot fits uncomfortably in my shoe and it feels like I'm walking with a small orb in my foot right there.
 
A woman at work who doesn't know me very well, she's one of those people with whom I do little more than share pleasantries when we meet in the halls, was walking behind me through the cubicles. I guess she feels comfortable enough with me and our working relationship because she followed me to my cubicle and said, "You have a sexy walk today." I smiled, as this woman knows nothing of my issues and was only commenting on what she was observing.
 
She went on, "Sort of like The Duke or Cary Grant used to walk."
 
I thanked her and she went on about her day.
 
It is true what they say about one man's garbage is another man's treasure. I thought I was having a poor day, and I always hate how pronounced my limp can be when I'm having foot issues (I have this thing about not showing my pain or "weakness" while at work). Yet, to this woman, it was a thing of beauty and interest.
 
Although the foot still hurts, a smile has brightened my day.

3 comments:

  1. Hmmm...interesting approach. The next time my arthritic hip and left leg are acting up, I'm going to remember it may hurt like hell to me, but it may be totally sexy to someone else.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ialways think you look sexy, but as your wife, I'm biased. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm not saying that you looked like shit or anything, but I do find that on the days that I feel the worst is usually when I get the most compliments and the times when I work hard to look good, I get none! hehehe. Either way, it's a wonderful thing when a person gives another person a reason to smile.

    ReplyDelete