Copyright

All blog posts, unless otherwise noted, are copyrighted to the Author (that's me) and may not be used without written permission.

June 13, 2007

Another Step Closer

I just put two envelopes in the mail at work, to go out today. One is to the California Department of Justice and the other to the FBI and both are for the Police Clearance letters that the Canadian Immigration process requires. Both State and Federal say that it takes 3-6 weeks to process (shorter if you have no record, longer if you do, apparently) and return via mail to me.
 
This means I am down to two final steps I need to do before we can collect everything and send it in: I need photographs of a specific size/style for the application and the official medical examination.
 
I still find it a little funny that Canada has such a limited number of doctors who can perform these exams in the So Cal region. The nearest ones are in LA and San Diego, so I will likely have to take a half or even a full day off work in order to do this. I also have to take 5 recent photos, my passport, and any medical information I have with me for the tests. Which I really don't have something official as I've never needed something official-- I just see my doctors, they take care of me, and that is that. So yet another little wrinkle. I also don't really have or keep photos of myself, or even often make it into photos others take. So a second wrinkle.
 
But, along with the venue, dates, dress, some of the niceties, and church all getting finalized, we are getting closer and closer to the day we can turn in the paperwork and get the immigration ball rolling.
 
One step at a time.

1 comment:

  1. I have recent photos of you. I can send them electronically to you, if you'd like.

    ReplyDelete