Copyright

All blog posts, unless otherwise noted, are copyrighted to the Author (that's me) and may not be used without written permission.

December 16, 2005

Idle Thoughts for a Friday

1. Will this day never end?

2. This has been the longest week on record.

3. Normally I would be starting my Xmas shopping this weekend. Instead of being primarily done with just a couple of nicknacks left to get.

4. I wish we had bowled on Wednesday rather than doing a makeup tomorrow-- I may need those three hours!

5. The guy in the parking lot of Albertsons at lunch has to know everyone thinks he's gay. You can't wear an open, plaid, flannel shirt over a t-shirt, with cut-off jeans shorts (that are way too short), and steel-toed work boots with white socks without having everyone's "gay" stereotype alert go off. From the looks of others in that parking lot, I wasn't the only one thinking that.

6. Should have sold my company stock two months ago, when it was worth $4k more than it is now. *sigh

7. It is going to be so freaking cold in Canada-- colder than any cold I've ever been in.

8. I hope M realizes I'm trying. This is not my favorite time of year (understatement) and I'm not used to someone who actually cares about surprises or expects them.

9. Why is Kermit the Frog riding a bike and singing "Rainbow Connection" stuck in my head? It's not like I've seen The Muppet Movie recently!

10. I want to see King Kong, but 3 hours? The LotR movies were worth 3 hours (plus). Not sure King Kong is.

2 comments:

  1. Sigh. Re: your gay guy, our annual Secret Santa lulncheon was a hoot: on one side, a woman explaining that she has to have a "growth" removed from her ovary, but she's putting it off until after the holidays because she and her man have such fantastic holiday sex. On the other side, the new guy on the block telling all about his first gay sexual encounter in Mexico, which resulted in his divorce from his wife ... and his new life cruising gay bars.

    Oh, what fun we have ...

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL, now that sounds like quite the party!!!

    I'll understand you're trying if in return you don't kill me for the number of presents labelled "John" under the tree.

    Just arrive safely. That's all I want.

    ReplyDelete