Copyright

All blog posts, unless otherwise noted, are copyrighted to the Author (that's me) and may not be used without written permission.

December 22, 2005

Couch... from Hell!

I have never been a napper. Even as a small child, when the kindergarten or first grade teachers would schedule a nap, I didn't nap. I sat or laid quietly, or read, or played until the others were done. The only time in my life I have ever napped is when sick.

M has a couch. This couch, or demon spawn, whatever, has this weird pull on me. Tuesday, after arriving and M going back to work, I sat on the couch. Next thing I knew, she was arriving home. Then Wednesday, I sat down there to wait for her to come home because I knew we were heading off to her father's for dinner... and she startled me awake when she opened the door!

Now, granted, both days I was pretty tired from the traveling and the getting used to the time change. Yesterday I also had a pretty bad headache.

Today, however, I feel well-rested, in full grasp of all my faculties, healthy and happy. I decided I was done with my chores for the day and that I would go out and either read a little or watch some TV. I sat down on the couch, feeling just fine thank-you-very-much, and I almost immediately start nodding off, like I'm some senior citizen in the rec room as Murder, She Wrote comes on, or like Dorothy traipsing through the poppy fields. This couch is a powerful, deep magic-- wise to the ways of sleep and its pull is strong!

I have determined for the rest of my stay here I should not sit on that couch unattended. I obviously need a chaperone to survive its deadly, irresistible pull!

Hmmm... I wonder if this is the couch that traps Andy Capp and Dagwood in all those cartoon strips?

It is evil, I tell you; evil!

3 comments:

  1. Seems like you also enjoy "watching TV" on Mia's couch :)

    Sounds like you are having a nice vacation--and a wonderful time with special feelings. Enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That couch is evil. Both of them.

    So very evil. It DOES suck you in and you can't escape. You make pitiful "stuck... in ... couch..." noises and it responds with demoniacal laughter ensuing into the background.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous10:56 AM

    It must be related to my couch. We have people who apparently come over just to sleep on it. I wonder if they have a union: The Association of Sleep-Inducing Couches. We've been trying to buy a new couch for more than a year, but can't find one anywhere near as comfy. Perhaps the union has a directory...

    ReplyDelete