Copyright

All blog posts, unless otherwise noted, are copyrighted to the Author (that's me) and may not be used without written permission.

November 8, 2005

My One New Thing for Today

During my visit to Canada, I got a straight-razor head shave. It was fabulous! Someone else shaving your head feels great, and I look forward to going back.

During the shave, I chatted a bit with Dom, the man performing the service. He recommended that I get a bottle of American Crew oil to help me with my own head shaving. He explained that it was designed to be put on the head first, before the shaving foam, to help the razor glide over the head.

This morning, while in the shower, I thought of that bit of advice as I was preparing to shave my head with my typical safety razor (currently a Gillette Mach3). As I keep some baby oil in the shower, I thought I would try that first, and then apply the shaving cream following Dom’s advice.

Wow! The difference in the shave I managed to give myself is incredible. Fewer nicks and cuts, closer shave, and it took much less time than usual.

So, here’s a thank you to Dom. He certainly didn’t need to impart to me that bit of vital knowledge, but it will be put to good use from here on out by yours truly!

3 comments:

  1. You'll have to make sure to go back and get another head shave from him over xmas. Treat your customers right, and they will continue to come back... even from the other side of the continent.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That should be Dom's new slogan!!

    Either way - there's a whole new use for baby oil, I'll bet Johnson & Johnson never even thought of!!!

    :P

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can hook you up with some of the american crew oil at xmas. For I can buy it at cost with my mom at the beauty supply store :)

    ReplyDelete