Copyright

All blog posts, unless otherwise noted, are copyrighted to the Author (that's me) and may not be used without written permission.

December 27, 2008

Skip It!

My sister got me the WALL-E DVD, which is one of my favorite movies of the year (and I'm still not sure if it beats, is tied with, or just loses to The Dark Knight as the year's best so far, but it is close).

Being that it is a Disney production, the DVD starts with a whole bunch of snippets and adverts that I cannot skip, fast forward, or otherwise get beyond to get to the menu. Disney is by far and away the worst at this practice, but nearly all of the DVD producers do something similar.

It irritates me to no end that I cannot skip these "features" and just get to the movie, the menu, or the special features. I already bought the product, don't beat me over the head with ... more product. These types of things should always be optional and I should always have the ability to press menu, at any time and from anywhere on the DVD, and get the freaking menu to display!

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous12:24 AM

    We have that DVD as well, and I just put it on this afternoon to watch with my son. I found that the opening trailer does not allow any action whatsoever, but I am able to fast forward through the previews, at least. Yeah, I'm with you. It's annoying that I can't go straight to the movie.

    As far as the movie, I enjoy it quite a bit, and was feeling secretly guilty that I so enjoyed "a children's movie." Glad I'm not the only one! :)

    I think the animations are great, and it's amazing how connected you can get to characters who really don't even talk.

    ReplyDelete