Copyright

All blog posts, unless otherwise noted, are copyrighted to the Author (that's me) and may not be used without written permission.

December 19, 2008

It Hurt My Eye!

Being a desert rat through and through I am not accustomed to the temperatures of my new location. It is -12c with a wind chill making it close to -25c outside. We needed gas on the way home and I did the "manly" thing and offered to pump it. I was okay everywhere except my face, where the wind and the shear cold stung so bad it hurt my eye. I put up the hood on my coat, but to no avail; no matter what I did, the incredible cold continued to feel like a weight on my right eye.

My eye is now tender and I have a "headache" directly behind the outside corner where it stung. That is insane!

2 comments:

  1. Did you wear the face mask I knit for you?????

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome to Canada - and we're in the warmer part of it!!! LOL!!

    Isn't it so pleasant on the sinuses? The cold does some really weird things to the body.

    ReplyDelete