Copyright

All blog posts, unless otherwise noted, are copyrighted to the Author (that's me) and may not be used without written permission.

January 13, 2008

Finally

I have had to settle for scrambled and fried eggs lately because I have been failing miserably to make an omelet. Today, however, I managed to do everything right and created a nearly perfect half-moon of an omelet, filled with cheese, pepperoni, and broccoli.

I cannot be sure what I've been doing wrong lately, but today everything came together. I started the pan at high and then, once it was hot, turned it down to a medium/low setting. I sprayed a very light layer off Pam on it today, even though I was using a nonstick pan (on a few of the cooking shows I've caught recently the experts say you should do this), I remembered to move the liquid around a bit to ensure even cooking, and I waited until the egg was mostly cooked before adding the ingredients. Generally I do all of this each time, but the last few omelets have turned into scrambled eggs instead, as the flip hasn't functioned or the egg has not properly covered the pan and congealed during cooking.

Anyway, color me happy as I sit here and enjoy my omelet!

2 comments:

  1. Hmm... Now I want an omelette! ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have learned the secret: the pan has to be hot before you add the egg mixture so a firm "crust" is formed on the bottom before turning down the heat so the eggs can cook.

    Sounds delicious!

    ReplyDelete